Welcome to Sacred Play Explorations,
with Rev. Dr. Michelle Walsh, PhD, LICSW
Michelle currently specializes in companioning human service providers (inclusive of therapists, clergy, and activists) for visioning new paths and practices of spiritual meaning-making in these challenging times. Her approach is that of a facilitator of growth and development for transformational living on a personal and professional level, particularly on behalf of those committed to social justice. Her practice is solely on-line via Zoom.
Michelle enjoys working with Internal Family Systems therapists seeking certification, as well students or young adults or women new to careers in social work, human services, academia, or ministry. This includes coaching doctoral students through their dissertation journey in the social sciences or the humanities. She draws upon her own career paths in social work, ministry, and the academy for providing professional guidance, including her experiences with being an activist scholar in these troubling times.
Michelle works with 5 primary modalities as a spiritual coach, companion, ally, group facilitator, and consultant:
(1) her decades of lived experiences as an anti-oppression activist, Unitarian Universalist parish and community minister, Buddhist practitioner, trauma clinician, educator, and writer;
(2) her recognition as an IFS-I Approved Clinical Consultant and Level 2 Internal Family Systems (IFS) certified therapist and practitioner, as well as a program assistant in trainings;
(3) her longstanding interest in relational and narrative psychologies and practices, as well as expressive art and liberation health approaches; and
(4) her training in 3 levels of Sandtray/Worldplay as a spiritual visionary tool for individuals or small groups and also as a complement to Internal Family Systems through what she has termed "Self-World Sand Tray".
(See tab for "What is Sand Tray?" for more information).
(5) and her training as an individual and group spiritual director and facilitator through the Still Harbor program, which specializes in providing spiritual direction for activists.
When contacting Michelle for an appointment, please clarify if you are seeking IFS pastoral therapy, spiritual coaching, consultation, or training. (If seeking IFS pastoral therapy, Michelle provides therapy on-line within Massachusetts only, per her license, until interstate licensing becomes more streamlined. Under Michelle's current schedule, she is limited to provision of this type of service to bi-weekly only. For spiritual coaching or consultation distinguished from therapy, Michelle provides services on-line both nationally and internationally. Educational workshops or trainings are arranged by consultation.) Please also note that Michelle no longer accepts insurance, but she does have limited availability of standard fees for those in low income or student status.
Find me also through my Psychology Today directory listing.
Check out and like the Sacred Play Explorations Facebook Page also!
Featured Videos: A Spiritual Approach to Money and Four Simple Stress Management Techniques